Can one learn to whoop? Is there a system to help anybody whoop? Rev. Jasper Williams answers this question with an unequivocal yes. He states that anyone who has been called to preach has been given by God the ability to whoop.
Month: November 2008
Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. The first chapter of Genesis provides a fitting backdrop for the institution of the Sabbath day. Here the scripture tells us that the containers were finished
I just realized that I do not have any posts that give an outline of my method for exegesis. Here is the basic process.
- Prayer – You should not open the Bible without praying for the guidance of the Spirit in understanding the principles found in the text.
Gregory M. Howard, pastor of Union Branch Baptist Church in Chesterfield, Virginia has written a book that gathers much of the rhetoric of the Black church and the Black pulpit into one volume.
The ebook Starting to Whoop has been updated to version 2.01. It includes the following new chapters:
- Chapter 6 – Principles to remember when preaching a sermon related to whooping.
- Chapter 7 – The Steps to follow when constructing a sermon you will end in a celebrative whoop.
- Appendix A – Homiletical devices to use in the pulpit to connect to the people.
- Appendix B – Additional Resources to aid in preaching.
- Appendix C – Discussion and Description of the Black Preaching Tradition.